December 2, 2011 – We have been in La Paz for a couple of days now, weather is great as always at this time of year (actually all season). Tonight we are going to dinner at Los Magueyes Restaurant & Bar, one of our favourites. We are staying at Campestre Marantha, all is quiet with only 3 or 4 rigs here, currently Cindy & Jose are in the US. Hope to see them in person before we leave.
Las Palmas Tropicales RV Park – Prior to La Paz we stayed in Pescadero, not far from the beach at a new campground built by Bobby & Wendy Cain who currently operate Las Palmas Tropicales Beachfront Casistas and have done so since 2002. Water at each site and a common dump station only a short walk from the beach, and they have plans for more facilities. This is a great location, close to Todos Santos and far enough away from Cabo San Lucas, this is the perfect location to enjoy everything the West Cape of Baja has to offer in a quiet peaceful setting embracing the authentic Mexican culture and experience.
Pescadero is a small farming community, surrounded by agricultural fields of chillies, tomatoes, green beans, basil, papayas, avocadoes, pomegranates, mangos and the best strawberries anywhere. Things to do include:
- Whale watching from November until early March
- Natural sea turtle sanctuary – baby sea turtles released between August and December
- World class surfing and boogey boarding – December/April (in our front yard)
- Art and Film festivals – February
- Todos Santos Historical Tours – all year
- 5 Star restaurants, exquisite art galleries
- Great taco stands and taquerias that will totally impress you.
Give them a shout at 044 612 133 3880 or email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org, they would love to see you.